Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
State Champs with no geographical boundaries or age requirements....you sound about as big a DB as the St Joe Prep parents when they win in football...

As the parent of boys in public school I agree on the geography, but there are no age requirements in public schools either. My one son is a june bday and has plenty of kids his grade that are a year+ older than him.

Maybe there is no requirements, but there will be much fewer holdbacks in publics! Tax dollars will not allow kids to be held back on a parents whim. It Has to be a very valid reason and sports do not count!

holdback scenario is more of an elitist “play”. Ones who can afford privates and pay to holdback and it is the norm. Pay fir a clear advantage! Needs to stop.[/quote]

There are absolutely age restrictions in public and Inter-Ac schools. I believe both are you cannot turn 19 prior to July 1 entering your senior year. The difference being Inter-ac don’t enforce the age restriction or just call it a “post grad” year. Also, many catholic high schools are in the PIAA but almost none of their grade schools are so many kids are repeating in catholic grade schools or cyber schools.