The question is "What is the goal?" And the answer is not to win every tournament and have the best team. The real answer and the goal of all these clubs is to get the kids in front of college coaches and that can be done without winning all your games. You need to be a solid team, win 75% or so, and get invited to the top tournaments and do ok. NXT showed themselves a bit here. If I was a parent of one of the kids who had played for 5 years on that team and now got cut I would tell my kid all the right things, BUT I would not be happy. Loyalty has to count for something and if you take a close look at their team it did....they kept their goalie from last year who is a great kid but was nowhere near the talent level of the other goalies who were at try outs. The question is why only him?

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's a tryout. Kids get cut. Deal with it.
Should NXT be "loyal" to their kids that have played on those joke teams for all those years? No. At this level it gets reshuffled.
It's not about how much you spent so your little princess could make bandits a few years back. It's about their reputation for fielding great teams.
Loyalty? In competitive sports? Go join a club where everyone makes it and if you cut the check you're on the team.
Put princess back in his safe space and tell him how this is all BS and it's all rigged and he's the best lax player ever and if that one kid didn't reclass and if the coach's son wasn't friends w/ so and so and blah blah blah.
Best thing that ever happened to my kid was to get cut once long ago.
Maybe the everyone gets to make the team AND get a trophy mentality isn't preparing your princesses for the reality of life.