Spanos is a nice player. I don't think elite. My kid is a year younger than him. I do think that he stood out more when he was younger. There was a time no doubt that he really "jumped" off the field with skills and ability. But kids get passed as they hit puberty, get more touches, work on their game. There are a lot of kids that are really good when they are younger because they have a parent that put a stick in their hands in the delivery room. Then invariably other kids catch up with them that perhaps don't start until 5/6/7 for example.

No knock on the kid at all, congratulations to him and his family if that was their goal.

I just think it makes no sense to bank on these kids when they are in 8th grade. You can't even really bank on these kids, junior or senior year in high school let alone 8th grade.

Look at the kid from Syracuse that was the Number #1 Recruit and donned #22 talk... about underperforming and not living up to the hype. the whole thing is a crap shoot and throwing the dice in 8th grade isn't a table I would step up to.