Originally Posted by Anonymous
They did ask were the 23 BL team was

The 24’s were busy getting smacked by BBl 7-0

Reading too much into it my friend, love how people love to gloat. The reality is that Brotherly Love doesn't do Box well. The club owners even acknowledge it and they need to make a decision on either going all in on box or just doing it for fun. BBL was a very good box team and they obviously train as a box team. These field teams thinking that they are AA in Box because they are AA in Field just doesn't hold up. My understanding is that our best 2023 team Zeus had to pull out because they couldn't even field a team for the tourney. It really is painful to watch these field players trying to play box. It is a game that is not kind to players without the stick skills.

I do think that once the Wings start playing next season these kids are going to get more into box. It is a shame as I think it is the better game of the two.

Could not agree more, box is a completely different game with a skill set that does not just transfer over from the field. While I was originally skeptical of the benefits of box, the more my son has played (his club does focus on box quite a bit), I have really come around to the benefits. Although not great for kids that normally play with poles, the transition aspect is great for middies, the tempo is great for working on quick passing and the game really instills defensive skills for both middies and attackmen. If anybody does not see the benefits of box, just watch a replay of the Albany - Syracuse game from last weekend, Tehoka Nanticoke put on a clinic, 4 of his 5 goals were pure box skills. Teams like BL doing box for fun is simply a waste of time, the commitment is well worth it.

It helps that Nanticoke is 240lbs

That's lame. How about Miles Thompson. Gary Gait. John Grant Jr. ...... give me a break. Chris Cloutier. Nanticoke is a Blackbelt.