Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Little doubt that Dukes was at one time a great program. As Philadelphpians we should be proud of what they accomplished. With their split from HHH they will slowyly fade away. There is no long term success without a "farm system" and their atttempt to replace HHH with Dukes (insert geography here) was a total failure of epic proportions. It only tarnished their name and diminshed their stature. Like most divorces both sides are left reduced. There will be a new elite team that replaces them the only question is whom. My guess either NXT or Mesa.

The days of the "one" elite program are long gone, too many clubs have popped up. IMO, too many dads starting clubs so their little Johnny can play with his "elite" buddies. When Dukes was elite it was because they were basically the only option and kids were invited. That isn't what happens now
Yeah but this is what keeps it so much fun. Keeps all the original lax bro's on their toes. Because of some of these programs the top clubs are getting exposed for lack of training and coaching. I'd agree that NXT may be the sleeping Giant. They have had some great success quietly. Over 60 D1 Commits! I think thats in like 5 years. They seem to have to most consistency and looks like with Sons pushing their 2020 kids over they could begin to dominate the Philly market from this year on out. Their 2019 team is very strong. They beat Mesa 2019 really bad this past year. Their 2018 team won the Summer Invite.