Originally Posted by Anonymous
So if they are non-profit were does all the $ go? They charge @2k per kid and have no paid coaches...so figure 16 paying kids per team 32k is a lot to spend on fields...

I believe that we paid $1600 and that includes everything for the year. So all fall practices/tournaments, winter indoor practices, spring NXT League, summer practices/tournaments. And my son has dedicated coaches who are at all of those events.

With fall field rentals/tournament fees, indoor space rental, NXT League fees, summer field rentals/tournaments fees. That feels to me like it would eat up close to, if not all, of the $25,600 based upon your 16 person roster.

Just an FYI, some HS tournaments cost $600 or more per kid to enter. I would also assume that the club has to pay some type of insurance fees? So paying 1600-3000 per year is not over priced at all. That also includes the cost of uniforms.

There are no tournaments charging anything close to $600 per kid that would be over 12K per team. What you are referring to is a showcase which is an individual event and typically not covered by club dues. Typical costs for a club included tournament fee is about 150$ per kid max and some are much lower.