Originally Posted by Anonymous
My neighbor started one of the daddy clubs and I know it had nothing to do with "Johnny playing with his elite buddies" It had everything to do with the established programs and their obvious money grab. Let's call a spade a spade. When programs like Mesa and NXT along with girl's programs like Ultimate are charging an average of $2,000 to play elementary school club lacrosse that is nothing more than a money grab. Another friend was stunned when Ultimate said that her daughter was going to have to pay $1,500 to play 5th grade girls lacrosse from one of the above club. Mesa is charging $2,000. On top of that all these clubs always have at least 20+ kids on each team. That comes out to 40K+ PER TEAM often with two teams at each grade. Doing some fancy math ...that is 80K PER GRADE...It has nothing to do with Johnny. On top of that most of the teams are staffed with college kids more concerned about partying. If you are playing for one of the above teams.....Grab your ankles and don't expect any lube.
You obvious don't have a clue. Some of these clubs that are charging $2000+ are giving 4 seasons of training. 6 years ago it was always around $1000/Summer. When indoor space is $250/hr and you do 16 hours of training that number adds up. Add a paid professional in there and a winter session could cost $400/kid. If a club is only charging $1500/year you are not getting much at all. I would agree with you on the clubs with a 2nd team. There is usually some profit in there from that team.