Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://phillylacrosse.com/2019/keating-after-many-stops-returns-as-st-josephs-prep-head-coach/

The Prep named Dan Keating as new head coach. I'm sure this guy is great, but there was an odd sentence in the article. Sounds like he just left Stockton to be a volunteer assistance coach at Bryant? He's in in 40's, has a family (mentioned in the article) with plenty of collegiate coaching experience - why would he need to or want to take a position as a volunteer assistance coach?

I read the Bryant article announcing his hiring and found it ironic that the head coach at Bryant mentioned his loyalty...sounds like that only lasted 6 weeks.

Anybody know what the real story is with this guy?

Agreed. I had to read the article twice because his resume was so confusing. Maybe he simply wants to be in Philly.
Bottom line is that St Joes Prep needs help. Other than La Salle, the Catholic League is not good lacrosse and SJP has fallen a lot since the glory days. Why are coaches at SJP for such short periods of time? Eric Gregg left in 2014. Then German came in for a brief time, then Delaney, then Gilbert and now Keeting. That's a lot of turnover. sudents / families must be frustrated with lack of consistency.