Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couldn't agree with you more; however, I can tell you that we didn't throw anything together. We just simply don't practice enough, and that will be rectifiied.

To put this into context this was a response from a post that Philly based teams can't beat the best Long Island and Baltimore Teams and that simply isn't true, and when we do beat them the Long Island guys are convinced we are cheating. Freedom 2022 has consistently beaten the top teams for several years and Brotherly Love 2023 and 2024 has as well. But in my opinion it is for one reason and one reason only. The Philly kids don't practice as much as those teams. If the BL 2023 team loses in sudden death to S2S, which was an excellent team, after practicing literally only 8 times in the Spring, how would they fare if they practiced 9 months out of the year like the LI and MD teams.

Then that same team beat Long Island Express in the consolation game withouth 2 starting poles.

Therer is little doubt the LI teams are more skilled but that can be addressed by the Philly Teams practicing more and I see that gap being closed in the next two years.

To stir the pot further I do think that it is interesting that at 2022 and below that the clubs that charge 50% less than the big name clubs and run by dads are the only ones in the discussion capable of beating the powerhouse clubs from LI and MD. Throw in the Freedom 2025 Team which looks impressive and it is a shutout.

Which Philly 2022 or 2021 club won any tournament attended by the top LI and MD clubs?