Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Bandits are an excellent team; their skills are top notch and reflective of the amount of time they invest in the game at such a young age. I watched the Brotherly Love vs Bandits (split squad) which Bandits won 5-4 and I have to say that BL looked awful, they looked like a field team trying to play box and didn't even put a shot on goal until 7 minutes had expired. That's embarrassing. Now that being said here was the difference in the two teams.
Bandits: Elite stick skills and precision execution of the box game.
Brotherly Love: No clue on how to play box but clearly the more athletic and faster team. They had 3-4 kids that looked like attack type skill sets, the rest shouldn't be playing box and were obviously defenseman or middies used to running by people to get their goals.

However "Gloating Parent" from Long Island what does strike me about the 91 Bandits is very little speed and athleticism and a ton of undersized kids. The reality is the insane amount of time and money invested into youth lacrosse will yield very little return for the majority of you. Sure there may be a Connor Cannizzaro amongst the Bandit Team but I didn't see him if there was. If BL 2023 is the best Philly Team and my understanding is they are they are clearly the more athletic team and at the end of they day individual kids on BL will eventually catch the 91 kids and ultimately have more successful lacrosse careers. I don't doubt that 91 players will go on and have success; however, the majority of them will end up as burnt out college kids reminiscing about their glory days from when they were in 5th and 6th grade. You are kidding yourself if you think the undersized kids that I saw are going to be able to play collegiate lacrosse at a D1 Level. The Jordan Wolf's and the Joey Sankeys are the minority, size matters.
But in fairness Kudos to the 91 teams and their brand. They have done a remarkable job in developing skillsets and elevating the you game.

You Clearly didn't watch the Bandit Orange team play! If you were looking for that speed it was with the orange team. They took our kids to the shed. Blowing by our boys. As our coaches were subbing at the wrong time Bandits Orange was running perfectly executed breaks The Orange Bandit team was at a different level than I've seen in this age group. It was the first thing my son said after the game. Tremendous skill and athleticism