Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why go to Long Island when all the best LI Teams come down here....Thank you NXT for field and Fusion for BOX. I for one would rather sleep in my own bed and save the hassle and money.

Unfortunately, unless you want to only play one top-tier tourney a year, you're going to need to travel. BL should try to get into the NLF. Lots of top team play in those tourneys.

I wonder if playing more than one top-tier tourney a year is a worthy goal? I think there are a few different types of lacrosse parents, not one better than another, just different. God bless Team 91 parents. They spend a sizable sum of money and time on lacrosse before they even book their hotels for the trip to PA, Maryland or Florida etc. Their kids train for a dis-proportional amount of time compared to many other teams. They get top notch training, coaches and facilities, but for everything gained, something must be sacrificed. I'm not sure I want my son (family) to give up all those things we do when we aren't in the car, on the plane, in a hotel, because our team demands that. I think it is just a different philosophy. Sure, it's fun to say you're the best at something, but is it meaningful at this stage of their lives, or is it more "important" to the parent who is living vicariously? So, if BL beats Bandits one day, it will be the icing on the cake, not the fulfillment of their destiny.