The people that don't think there are Big games at this level are the ones who have sons that either play on a low level teams or just sit the bench on a mediocre team. Or at no point were competitive in their own life. Being excited for a Big game is what puts the boys on top teams playing at a top level. This is not just about Lax but any sport they play or even the bigger picture which is Life. At what point does any game get big or competitive? I saw this with my older son " oh they're only 10,11,12,13 all of a sudden they are 16-17 and being left behind by the rest of the boys who took the road of getting excited for big games and treating them as such. I am by no means saying your kid should be miserable playing the sport or not take time off to be a kid, but if he is going to stick with it and has aspirations to play on the top tier teams than the road starts with his drive towards each and every game and what he can bring to the field for his team. Not much different than life.