Originally Posted by Anonymous
There was no competition at this tournament. Its time to only play in tournaments that are invites. Taz, WP, Bethesda, Madlax should only be playing each other, As your team gets better and you feel you can compete with them the invitation will be extended to your team. To enter into these tournaments and beat teams by 12-13 goals is a waste of time for everyone. Your son only gets better by playing the better kids , its that simple. Your kid out there scoring goals and making passes means nothing if he's doing it against B players. Even scrimmaging a lower level team is a waste at this point. Eventually when your son gets to middle school and steps on the field with these A players the game is going to spin him into the ground. You cant build your skills against lower level players and expect to step on a field with boys who have been playing on these top teams for 4+ years and your boy is going to be able to handle it. I've seen this with my 2019 son. Playing against low level teams gives a boy a false sense of success and the fall from that is much harder than getting out there with the top boys and trying to compete at their best or worse they get to a team with top players and sit the bench because they were never put in a true competitive atmosphere. Its no different with my daughters team so this is not a boy\girl situation.

Definitely not a boy/girl issue. It's clearly a you issue. Do you tell everyone at work how great your kids are? You must be a blast to be next to at tournaments. Better yet, you should forego tournaments altogether and just start hitting showcasss. You're absolutely crazy. And, I'll go one further. Maryland teams have no interest in trekking up to LI. They have fall and spring leagues where they play the top teams on a weekly basis. They don't need your kid to make them better.

Invitationals only in 5th grade... what a dope.