Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kill myself? It seems you folks are taking yourselves a bit too seriously. When it comes to your middle of the road kids, they aren't playing A Team lax and they aren't playing high level baseball either. On the bright side, I'm sure your progeny are all looking forward to PAL. I bet they dominate.

Are you seriously categorizing 5th grade boys on their future athletic potential based upon today? You are clueless! Have you ever played any sport at a level higher than HS? Have you ever coached any youth sports??

Yes, I've played sports at a high level and coached at the youth level too. But I'm not a standout coach, but I am a good evaluator of talent, In both horses and kids. The top kids are there for a reason, athleticism. Good coaches see that right away, even if they often are tempted by big, fast kids that may not end up so big and fast. But young athletes, like fine wine and fine women, get better with age. But its you, the middle of the road want to be or never were parents with nice, polite but not quite there B team kids kids who are spending money on agility trainers and speed school in the hope that they miraculously step it up are the most clueless.

You're a tool! I played at a high level (probably higher than YOU), but I am not the one saying that all players who at 10 yo who haven't yet developed as "top tier" athletes never will. That's what you are saying, and, if you truly believe that, you shouldn't be near youth athletics, probably not near kids in general. Please let us know where you coach so others can avoid you like the plague!