Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow... so glad I don't live in Long Island. I googled some teams, as we have a tournament against them, and wanted to see how good they are and it directed me to this site.

I live in Western NY and yeah there is politics, but nothing like this. This past year was my son's first travel lacrosse experience and the Long Island Parents were the worst. We went to the Saratoga Shootout and beat the LI Experss in the championship game.

One of the LI Express kids got hurt and his mom tried to come on the field and ask if he was ok and the Coach said "Shut-up" get off the field... You guys are hard-core competitive.

The worst I have seen up here is the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Northeast are absolute frauds. They don't really care about Christian values and only care about the best players. I felt really bad for my son's friend who got looked over the following year. FCA claims they will take a "good" kid over a "good" lacrosse player any day, but they are lies. I thought that was bad, but all these posts on here make me realize I am way too invested in this to be researching other teams we are playing in Maryland this weekend.

I love watching my son play lacrosse. I love going out and throwing with him. I love being an assistant coach in his house team. I don't care at all if he plays lacrosse in college and would prefer he didn't. My son goes to Joe Walters boot camps and has fun. I researched afterward, then unless you are top of the game and training kids for money, or supplementing your income with you tube training you really are broke.

There is just isn't a huge payoff in lacrosse. Sense that is the case... lay off and have fun. Life goes by so quick, your son is going to resent you for not demonstrating behavior that is showing you care about others in the community. Anyway... shocked by these threads and so grateful there isn't one of these threads for us.

Weird you call out FCA but if your son played express at saratoga then you were on the fca team. Team is very weak and got man handled at nxt.