Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do any of you people understand that in a few years none of this matters? Once you start going to showcases who you play for does not matter. My older son is in the showcase mix now and at no point do they care who you play travel lacrosse for. the only thing you should care about is that your son is getting the best training he can so he can make an impact at these cases. It looks like that the talking heads on here have the sons that may not cut it in a few years and happen to be on 1 of the top 2 teams so they feel what they say matters. If your son has true talent, and I don't mean a big kid that just runs down the field and barrels kids over with out even thinking about passing, I mean the True players right now, size, IQ and some speed, but also is coachable and is progressing in all 3 of these areas, there is no reason to comment or run your mouth. In the end a handful of these boys will stand out and the rest will fall to the side. Some will even play om the same teams and talk about Travel lacrosse as a great experience and "remember when our teams used to battle it out" Now if the parents can just get a grip and stop the craziness everyone will see the truth. These times are for fun and experience with the hope that your son can make it to that next level. Its not for parents to pump their chest or relive what they may have left on the field through their sons. I'm sure someone will rip into this and that's your right, but one day you will see the big picture.

Hey pal, there's no room for clear and rational thinking in this forum! This forum has become a magnet for parents living vicariously though their sons. Hopefully, their kids don't turn out like them. Just sit back and take solace that you are not like them. And yes, most kids playing at 10-11 yrs old now will not be playing at all by the time they are 17-18 yrs old.