Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great post.

"Play up where he can." Do you think this really is a good idea? Be very good for current level, be confident, be looked up to. Or go up a year, be average, be in a more competitive spot, not play as much.

Not sure the best way to go. My son is a very good 2025 and plays up on a top 5 2024 (my opinion relax all). This is our first year doing it. Not sure if it was the right move. Would be interested to hear from anyone here with logical experience.

Do you mind my asking which club your son plays with? My 2025 is doing the same....and here is the feedback that I've been given so far
There is no right answer. It depends on the kid and how they will react. Personally, I like the idea -- especially at a young age.

If they have the skills developed to be competitive (or the coaching emphasis to close the gap), being challenged by kids that will be a little bigger, stronger & quicker will only help his game. Should this turn out to fit your son, keep him playing up as much as possible

If he isn't competitive, you need to make sure he doesn't get discouraged. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is look to get him back on age until he is ready

Good luck to your boy

Thank you, and to yours. Good information and thoughts. I am not going to post the club name, will just get trashed by those who enjoy anonymous bashing. Discouragement is the scary part, hoping it does not go there.