Originally Posted by Anonymous
This whole warrior thing especially for this grade level - 2024 - is a complete joke....means absolutely nothing at this age and given its the 1st year of this showcase I think they will have a hard time even fielding a competitive 8th grade team, yet alone a 2024 team (maybe they do but competition from other regions may not be great)....don't feel like you are pressured or missing out on something here...for the tryout fee of $185 and tuition of $695 in the the middle of the Summer is crazy. I have been involved in lax and coaching my kids for the last 10+ yrs and still have another 10-15 yrs left with my younger sons. My one son plays on one of the top 2024 teams (one that is always mentioned here on this thread) and I wouldn't even waste my time. Save the money, go away on vacation and enjoy your time with your kids as it goes by fast.

If your son is a top tier player than go for it. If you don't think he has what it takes then stay home. To bash it before it even takes place is ridiculous. If your not going to give your son a shot, then just keep your opinions to yourself. You speak in absolutes as if you know. And you give Dad advice as if none of us have been there, I have 4 my friend and if this is what they love to do and its a choice they want to make so be it. Enough with the "I know" and " Believe me" BS. Who asked your opinion to begin with? You are a dad who has a kid on a team whose Coach wasn't chosen to be part of this team. Stop being so transparent