Just love reading all the chatter about 5th grade LAX. I WAS one of the maniacal Dads on the sidelines, desperate for my son to perform at his very best every time he took the field. Played for one of the often mentioned teams(elite A teams) for past 2 years. Now on new team with coach that treats the kids as individuals within a team, emphasizing having fun while practicing 2x/week and really improving stick skills, team play and field IQ. FACT-half the kids playing travel will either be out of the game by 7/8 grade, or will be surpassed by better athlete who picks up a a stick little later and kick butt on pure athleticism. I for one am no longer taking 5th grade lacrosse like it is anything more than 5th grade lacrosse. Decided not to add parental pressure to a 10/11 year old as the travel/club game is pressure enough. As long as my son is improving, having fun and getting good coaching, likely he will continue playing vs hating it 3-4 years from now. And if not than so what? No scholarship?? He also plays travel soccer and CYO Basketball. Just like a 10/11 year old should. Happy raving to those living vicariously thru their children.