Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people and your excuses! God forbid a team from off of LI beats junior's team! They must be cheating! How about this. They are the only viable option for a tremendous region. That team essentially attracts all of the talent in Massachusetts so they are able to make exceptional teams. Some of the kids are actually tall, too!

Oh, and US Lax has about as much power over lacrosse tournaments as I do. Tournaments are run by clubs, not US Lax.

Try talking to some of their parents - they freely offer that so many of their boys are older than the normal year for the grade = they almost sound proud about it! This is not surprising - all of NE had the same problem in hockey before USAH reigned it in by switching to a mandatory age-based system. So, the question is, "Why was USAH able to make it happen versus USL?".

So no holdbacks on LI? Ok, got it. I didn't know that. Moron. Does USAH run the leagues? Tournaments? There are no leagues in lax, [lacrosse] for brains. Clubs set up tourneys to make money. The more eligible teams, the better.

Why don't you go stick with hockey. They're all used to the bitching.

You might want to go back and smack your teachers for your poor reading comprehension - show me where I said LI has no holdbacks?? And no, I didn't allude to that either. Yes, LI has holdbacks, but it is nowhere near the problem that exists in those other states. You obviously missed the whole "pride" in doing it thing. You are obviously also missing the bigger picture question/problem, which in the end has turned the sport into something that is much less than it could be. And, I have zero involvement with youth USAH - just happen to know a fair amount about it! Another typical anonymous keyboard warrior.

Tell me again how holdbacks are ruining the sport? When they get to middle school, do the 7th graders just play the 7th graders? 8th just play 8th? Is there JV9 for 9th grade and JV10 for 10th? Then surely it can't be possible that an 8th or 9th grader plays on a varsity team then, right? Those teams are just for 17 year olds??? Aren't they??

So tell me again, how are they ruining it? Furthermore, what is your evidence that other states do it more than NY? Because you heard so and so say that the other parents admitted it. Seriously, get a grip. You sound like a little Mary.

Maybe you can go search out the ton of research out there speaking to issues presented by differences in physical ability /athleticism for just 6 months in the ages PRIOR to puberty? We already know your reading is suspect, so even that might not help you figure out what is the preponderance of opinion. This forum happens to be one for 5th grade - you want to argue that from HS ages, on, that holdbacks matter less, or not all, go do it on the 2020 - 2017 boards. And I'd probably be right there saying just that : at that point, it DOES NOT really matter.