Originally Posted by Anonymous
Daddy coaches have always ruined town teams. Always have always will. The problem is their kid is usually no where near as good as they think they are and that causes problems with everyone around them. Sad but true.

AMEN!!

Dad coaches have ruined town teams? Am I missing something? was there ever a time where professionals coached town teams? If town teams have become ruined, it's because of parents like you. You complain on the sidelines while dad coaches coach your kid on a volunteer basis

First, how do you know i am not a coach,
secondly, anything revolving with town recreation always has people in place and leaves no room for outsiders,
lastly, MOST of these dad coaches have to put in the effort to coach because their son's , whom aren't half as good as they think, would not get the best positions or most playing time if they were evaluated from an unbiased coach.Why do you think PAL is like the Superbowl to half these guys, its the only limelight their kid gets for now.

Good lord. You've got a lot of excuses, huh? Seems like you're going to raise you're kid to have a lot of reasons why the world's not fair. He's going to be one of those lazy, flag burning, whiny little brats who gets offended when someone says his name wrong. Geez, be a man for God's sake. If you want change, make change. Coach the team or be an assistant. Get on the board. Do something except make excuses. And another thing, all of the coaches that I know in my town have very skilled kids and are actually hardest on them. That's how it works, little [lacrosse].