Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yep, it's gotten that bad that the 2025 banter has jumped into the 2024 thread.

Who knows if the intentions of the first post about TwentyFour was to start (S***) or if it was just an observation but we all need to know that no matter what is posted on here, it will be ridiculed.

I get it, 91, Express, Igloo, Legacy all clearly "elite" travel teams, no question. Then there are your "B" teams or lower tier teams. I watched these "elite" teams and I was impressed. Eventually with hard work and some good coaching/mentoring, there will be several more A-teams.

Stay in that elite world, it fits for what you are trying to do, leave everyone else alone. Travel town teams need to back off start-ups as well. It's not fair to a kid that wants to grow as a player to be punished. All of these programs are good and they ALL meet or exceed what a parent is looking for so their child can become a better player. Some may be blinded by the big names, so be it, if they have the money, have at it.

So we bash B-brackets while bundled up under three layers of jackets and sweatshirts drinking coffee, while a child is out there busting their butt for the love of the game. Here's the challenge for the "elite" parents, it's your turn, put the gear on get out there and run up and down the field in rainy cold weather and prove to them that you belong in the "elite" division, oh wait, it has nothing to do with you, it's your kids that are playing, so why do you think it's OK for you to be their voice? Please stop with this "weak" team nonsense, ALL teams have their weaknesses from too many kids on a roster to undesirable coaches to ridiculous costs. It is what it is.

Forget Trump and Clinton for the fall of Western civilization, we need to focus on youth sports and it's not even the kids it's the parents. Again there are awesome teams out their but don't fault a 9 year old because of politics, because parents work and the travel team they have selected fits their needs but can give their child a little more than maybe a PAL team. PARENTS ruin sports, period. The only way your kid is talking like this is because they hear it from mom and dad.

STAY OUT OF IT. Let the coaches coach, let the kids play and if you're not happy look for another option. You add nothing to the team or the development of your child if all you do is BASH, BASH, BASH.

Chances are your child is going to be more than a professional lacrosse player and what will your response be, "NO WAY, we invested too much time and money into youth lacrosse for you to be a doctor, a fireman, a lawyer, etc."

Here is a suggestion (start bashing away) but I will provide anyway. Be a chauffer, be that ATM machine for when they need gear, be their fan, be their support, DON'T be their voice, they can handle it, trust me, but if they can't, that would be YOUR fault.

Back to the bracket issue. SO a new team goes to a tournament where they may not belong at the start, they get beat up, but I did not see one kid from that team with his head down crying, but I did see a lot of disappointed parents, WHY? ALL you did was drive them their so get over it. Hopefully it was a learning experience for the coaches who the parents pay to train their children. They make some adjustments, enter a tournament based on their ability as a new program (with NO CONTROL over who is in the bracket with them) beat some teams WIN, they wear their CHAMPIONSHIP shirts to school proud as can be and you MOCK them for it? Those boys earned those shirts, PERIOD. That is truly SAD and this is why parents have no place on the field.

When I start my travel program I guarantee the parents will not like it. The boys don't have to try out, the parents do!

PLEASE just stop.

Can't wait to see the masters degree rebuttals to this post but like everything else on this board, it's JUST AN OPINION, right?

#ALLHOPEISGONE

Great post, everyone should *many won't* read this twice and take a good long look in the mirror and ask yourself is that me? If yes make the proper adjustments and move forward.

Great post!!! 100% agree.
This should be seen by the other ages groups as well.