Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lets get into it. First I am a parent of another team that played both these teams today. Second I don't care about either team or for LI lacrosse for that matter. Third if you are talking about this game then you better know what your talking about. After reading for months on here the madness I had to see it for myself. Todays game ended with Legacy winning on some ridiculous bad bounce goal that gave them a 1 goal win. Wasn't the winning goal but turned out to be the difference. That's not the point, the difference between the 2 teams is easy to spot. The Taz runs more of an open set offense. This allows there better players to facilitate plays on their own. Dodging, cutting creating opportunities. One on Ones so an individual player can create something. The WP runs play after play. Every time they had the ball a play was called. The Taz started picking up on this and adjusted. The 91 team did not give there better players a chance to create something. Every time they could have went one on one and cleared out for something to happen they called a play. Sometimes coaches at this age need to let the boys play lacrosse and drop the play calling for a while. These boys will lose the love for the game if they are never allowed to shine on their own. On the Taz end their boys play off getting hurt a lot, I'm not saying you don't get hurt I get it I have 4 boys that played football and lacrosse but these boys went down a lot only to pop back up after killing some time. I saw it 2 or 3 times during our game. One boy went down and thankfully he got back up I never want to see any young athlete get hurt. This is my opinion and no one has to agree and I will not be given my 2 cents ever again, but after all the talking on here both teams are highly talented and very impressive. Coaches are as good as I ever been around. My background played in mid 80s so I know a little about the sport and currently have a son gunning for a spot on a local college team here. Not a pro at the sport but know enough to understand what I see. Good luck to all and it was a great day even if we didn't walk away fully successful.

Great post. I've watched them play other teams in Long Island but haven't seen these 2 play since last summer. You are right on with Taz and how they play! Same thing I've seen. How were the games against MD teams? Was it at least good competitive games? Yes Taz won by one goal but that's great competition. Will only make each team keep working harder. You can call that a loss for WP but as a parent by the sounds of it with a few adjustments things can change. Thanks for the recap.