Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just got back from a D3 school lax camp. They had a coach from a big time prep school there who gave about an hour speech on the benefits of holding your kid back and/or doing a PG year. He was basically saying if you don't do it you're doing your child a disservice. So that's the wave of the future.....

There you have it, example after example. Is there anyone now out there who actually believes the age "thing" is not a real issue with real consequences??!!!

LOL. Do you really have nothing better to do than obsess over a handful of kids who may repeat a grade? Tell your son to hit the wall, and stop crying like a baby.

Classic response from a parent of a kid who's taught his son the only way he can be successful is by cheating the other kids and playing down. Excellent life lesson there super Dad. Can't wait to see how ur kid does when he gets to college and actually has to face competition his own age and older.... You wont be able to shelter him anymore, then we'll see who's crying like a baby... "Daddy those juniors and seniors are bigger stronger and faster and older than me, I can't compete boo hoo" But you'll be there to tell em " hit the wall champ". You loser... Now go LOL yourself!! And go get your shine box while you're at it...

Settle down, Francis.

My son is not "older" for his grade, but if his teams face one with a kid or kids who are older, I couldn't care less. I want him to have fun and get better. If he can play college lacrosse, that's great. But our focus is getting into the best college possible; lacrosse is a bonus.

God, you guys take yourselves way too seriously. The dads on this forum are the Don Quixote's of lacrosse.