Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever picked the Long Island teams placed the Turtles on 1 team and the Terps on the other...interesting, they get to practice together while all the other teams met for the first time 6/30...whatever it takes

From my understanding it was a tryout, they chose the North team from the first tryout and the South from the second.

Lets be honest here, the North team was picked before the kids even stepped on the field.....Great bunch of players, there is no doubt about that, but lets not pretend that it wasn't a farce.......

Sorry to burst your bubble but, it's just not true. Not all of north are Turtles & they were t all chosen @ the first tryout or before hand. You sound very petty

I dont care one way or another, just stating facts. What is the percentage of the North team that are Turtles? I know for a fact there were two kids at the tryout that were sent to the other field that ended making the team that just "happeneed" to be Turtles. Noone is saying that the North team is not made up of great players, the issue is that the tryout was inherently unfair and the team was predetermined. I dont think that sounds petty at all, congratulations to your son for making it, but dont sit here and tell me that tryout was fair, because it wasnt even close. A tryout is supposed to be about who impressed the evaluators "that day", not a preconceived notion of who should be on the team based on who they play for.

Enjoy Maryland, Its a great experience.