Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
... people come on this site looking for guidance to navigate their childs lacrosse path. I, myself, am confused as to what is necessary & what is not. It does seem as if these camps & clinics are playing on parents insecurities & parents are "buying" in to it. I appreciate BOTC's honest view on this. I do not discredit your decision to (or not to) send your son but, I am in a postion where I do have to "pick & choose". Thanks again BOTC for your honesty.
Thank you for your thoughts. Having placed student-athletes into NCAA Division I athletic programs, our view is that an eighth-grade recruiting camp just does not pass the "if it were my money" test.

Glad to hear that- as a parent of more than one kid- all with high aspirations... money has to be spent where it will go the farthest and means the most. I have found this sight to be quiet helpful so far in giving us some direction in areas we were unsure about.

As for tutoring- a tutor can charge 100-130 an hour in the HS academic areas- so reaching 2000 might not be such a challenge if you have a kid that needs tutoring in more than one subject for the year- then add an SAT course... it adds up.