Originally Posted by Anonymous
I doubt 2019 terps will be considered an A team. Many of the players who could have made it an A team decided they didnt like what was being offered and can wait till next year. Many may play against the terps and see what comes of it and see if it will be worth it next year.

I have a feeling for the 2019 there may be a few more options come august, but this is a 2017 post so good luck on your last summer

anyone know if there are going to be more than One 2019 TERP teams?

This is the only grade that I am aware of with this issue

You have to understand, 2017 is the grade before many of these kids will go to St A's or Cham. This is why there are 4 team plus the turtles for Express. It's also why express will then start to dominate from this age forward. Yes some teams will compete, but overall you will see the top express team start to distance itself from all others. Keep in mind many players that currently play for other clubs will also migrate to Express, especially if they are playing for the catholic teams. Just the way it is. Look at 2016, 2015, 2014. Top Express team in these upper grades is and always will be a national power. Really, 2017 no different when you add in turtles. Same with 2018. No, not an express parent, just been around this for many years.

Apparenly you have been around for "many years". Things are changing! Other clubs have grown & people have other choices besides Express. Not every great lacrosse player is going private these days. There's a tremendous amount of talented kids at the 2017 level & the large majority are staying public. No need to feed into the Express BS. To answer the question of "Is there going to be more than one 2019 Terp team?" I would say from past history...absolutely~! But, it doesnt mean they will "Dominate". As long as parents are willing to pay the $$ & ignore all of the ridiculous they know to be going on already, they will keep adding kids and splitting teams. It happens every year

Look, clearly you have a bone to pick with Express. For the record, my kids don't play for the club. I'm just explaining the landscape to you. There have always been great lax players that don't go private. That will never change. What I'm also telling you is the above will not change anytime soon, if ever. Sit back, relax and see for yourself. It will happen, it always does. There are some great teams out there, only one can rise to the top moving forward. When you have hundreds of kids that want to be on the top express team, thats a lot to choose from. Also look at the numbers, 20 plus kids on both St A and Cham committed to D1 schools. Most playing for Express. You'll see. They have a tremendous talent pool to pull from, no other club will be able match that. Also, keep in mind many Public HS coaches are starting summer teams. They are making the kids play for their teams. So moving forward, many of the top public school kids will be out of the talent pool for the other clubs to draw from. In addition, there are now so many clubs that the concentration of talent on any one team is getting watered down. Don't get mad, just understand the facts.