Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone provide any information on any. of the Long Island boys who went down to this weeks last 3d camp (new England region)?

There was tell that a few (elite team) players were going to try and increase their odds by going down this weekend.

Why not play with the mid Atlantic region they are from??

I don't know anybody who went to florida multiple times for this tryout. But, it wouldn't surprise me if a few over zealous parents tried it a couple of times if their son didn't do well one weekend. Good for them if they have those kinds of financial resources and time. However, there were a number of long island boys at the tryout for all 4 grades. I would imagine that many were like us, not being able to make the mid-Atlantic because of some kind of a conflict, illness, injury etc.. The directors of the program specifically allow flexibility in which date you attend if they have room. We were there this past weekend and I would say the talent level was excellent - you get no break trying to "game" the system by trying to guess which region would be the "easiest". First, you have to remember that your son is being judged not only against players at the same camp but also from all other previous camps. So, there is no way to slant the odds in your favor by making a bet as to which region is easiest. Even if that weren't the case - I can attest that the boys from Canada, upstate New [lacrosse] and New England are very, very good and some of the best players there this past weekend.