Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The black players that are the core of the black team are not playing this weekend. Those are the ones that will play 99% of the games for the black team. The terps playing this weekend are actually getting to play. This will most likely not happen during a black game. Who is going to argue with that? Who would want their kid just watching a game from the sidelines?

Better question...Why would you want your kid on a team where this happens? It amazes me that adults are actually condoning what Express is doing (& on here trying to justify it) We are talking about 14 year old boys here. The tryout for this team was in September of 2012 & we are now in June of 2013 & there are boys that do not have security on their team yet. Why put their kid through that? There are so many good teams in this age division on the island, why deal with this constantly?

Thanks for the voice of reason. This whole thing is insanity and happens all the way through to the end with the Express unless you are on the best team in the grade. Trust me, been there done that - it was difficult to break away because my son felt like the Express could put him in a good position for recruiting and he also had a lot of friends there but we finally cut the cord and it felt great to finally break away from this nonsense. He's now starting on the best team he's ever played on and feels very welcome with his new club and is having more fun than he ever has. Break the spell and walk away, you'll sleep much better and your kid will still have a great experience with his new club.