Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are top teams at the 2017 age and reasons why. If they could be put in order that would help. 5-8 teams.

Ill give it a shot, this is all IMHO:

1. Turtles. Till someone beats em, theyre the best.
2. Terps black. Solid all the way through the roster.
3. 91 Orange. Very well coached and theyve definitely improved.
4. fl$. Super talented. Gonna be a tough out for anyone.
5. Outlaws Black. Always a competetive team.
6. Jesters Black. Up and coming team with talent.
7. Gladiators. Great coaching and hard nosed kids.
8. Terps. Lots of good lax players on this team as well.

Just one mans humble opinion. Suffice it to say that this age group on Long Island is loaded with talent and it should be a great, competetive summer. Good luck to all!

I agreed with your breakdown for the most part, very fair and complimentary post

I think that a few minor adjustments are needed IMHO, some aren't from LI. I went by what some teams have done this fall and winter including scrimmages.

1 Turtles- agreed #1 till they lose to a 2017
2 Terp black- size, speed, smart, w/top coaching won a bunch in fall and winter
3 Dukes (pa) - excellent group be ready for a good team from philly
4 Trueblue- they are talented and will win a lot but a little undiscplined
5 91- core been together a few years with good coaching
6 Breakers (MD) - big team with great lax IQ
7 fl$- lots of good players coaching is new from hotshots
8 Terps- well coached, talented, practice with terps black
9 Tri State Black- I never saw them but several have said they can play

How can this be an honest opinion? Has anyone seen EVERY ONE of these teams play recently? There has been so much movement in this age group that it is impossible to give an "honest opinion". You put on Tri State Black saying you never saw them but "heard they can play". You put True Blue above teams they have lost to. Terps Black may not even be the same team by June yet, they are the top, above all other teams (other than the Turtles). 91s "core has been together, with good coaching", yet 80% are new players in the past 2 seasons. These boys are getting better, faster, stronger & some are staying where they were. There will be no honesty or accuracy to these rankings @ this point. It is just "one mans opinion", which really means nothing as long as his child is involved