Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
of course money is a factor!!
some organizations charge up to $100 per player to try out...
exploitive?? and boarding offensive... by charging $75-$100 to try out is a statement that by the CLUB that screams:
"Money is our 1st Priority" - and talent level is negotiable...

I come from a family of coaches... our kids will NOT try out for LAX clubs that charge insulting try out fees...

"For the love of... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"

Well said and I agree!

A few years back my son tried out for fl$. It was a $35 tryout fee. Granted they only formed one team per age group so I was comfortable paying it. I did try my 8th grader out for 91 this year. think it was $50. Has more than 100 players trying out and my boy only went to one of two tryouts. I kind of got the feeling that it was abit expensive and did the math blah, blah, blah. Not sure what is right or wrong. Granted 91 forms 3 teams at that age group, but the only thing you can do if you disagree with the tryout fee or the "tuition" once he makes the team is do not try out. Now maybe it can be argued that the "b" and "C" teams should pay less tuition but trhan from a business model perspective the owners of these clubs could be weaking their "brand" Again as I wrote above the market will weed out those clubs that provide an inferior product. As consumers the parents have to also become more informed. Also there are other clubs out there that charge much lower "tuition" than exprexx, 91, fl$ etc. So there are options out. This whole dicussion could probably become the basis for a college economics thesis.