Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Great day of lacrosse in some cold conditions. I think all three Teams can beat each other on any given day, which makes for good competitive lacrosse. ( Terps, Team 91 and True Blue). I do think 91 is a little better then they showed, just a bad day. Terps are solid.( long pole middies make life tough on the other Team). True Blue played more of a Team game then in the past . Would like to see how fl$ would do against this group?

Where were the Turtles in all of this? Local tournaments that don't involve a plane ride or 4 hour road trip not good enough?

That is an interesting question. From a strictly observational perspective; only a few of their players have actually continued to grow physically to match their skill levels. While all good players, their physical stature at this point would appear to be a detrimental issue at several positions. History shows that they typically do not want to test the local waters with kids who have similar stick skills. They don't mind playing bigger teams with lesser skill levels in lands far,far away. At those locations, the turtle myth is larger than life.

Had they entered the Shamrock Shootout, it would have been a bit embarrassing, I would think, for them to try and take on the likes of Terps Black or True Blue. As good as their stick skills are, they don't currently have the size or speed or physical intensity to play with kids who have the same sets of stick skills. That field has definitely leveled off. Where they once were light years ahead in stick skills; the same cannot be said now as many of the 2017 long island class has grown and meet or surpasse those of the turtles.

From what I've heard, practices are limited, and it is rumored that they cannot even get a decent scrimmage scheduled. Bad karma has it's downside.