As we all know there is a line where you are good enough to be on an A team (and make it) but you are maybe not the best or do not get ample playing time on the A team but the practices and playing you do get are invaluable. So you stay on A. If the organization was smart they would ask these such kids to play on their other teams, this means they recognize your talents but also want you to play more because by playing more you get better no better substitute that playing time to make you a better player. and it is more fun

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You're right I shouldn't care. smile

I guess I'm caught up in all the posts that go back an forth about whose on what team, who was missing from the roster when they lost, who was added to the roster when they won, who's paying once for twice as many games, whose paying once for less games, who got moved up because they complained, etc. It's like a fender bender on the LIE(xpress), you don't like the fact that people slow down to look but you can't look away either.

Seriously though, one of the issues with youth sports has always been the controversy over players playing “down”, either in age or skill level, to give a team an unfair advantage. Accusations are always being made and defended. I think this topic rubs people the wrong way because Express is now openly having players play “down” on the Terps.

It’s like a B level team entering a tournament in the B bracket and then bringing several A players with them. The other B teams would take acceptation. Additionally, given the size of the Express organization and the number of 2017 players that were at their tryouts, it’s hard to defend this practice. Having a flexible roster doesn’t appear to serve any purpose other than to give the Terps an unfair advantage.

Now before anyone get’s their panties in a bunch, I’m not saying that any of the Terps or Terps Black players are not age appropriate nor am I saying the Terps are a B level team. Terps and Terps Black are two of the best teams at this age group. I’m simply saying having the flex roster that brings down players from the next level team gives them an advantage over many of the teams they play.