Originally Posted by Anonymous
So your saying the selections were completely unbiased. That must have been another joke haha. Yes all the boys selected are talented and worth the selection. Were there boys not selected who were better than some selected yes and it happens all the time. Really should have been a group of coaches with no affiliations doing the evaluations. This would eliminate all the BS associated with these types of selctions.

who are these boys you are referring to/ defending? They are taking 5 more players, if they didn't make the top 20 then they should get out there sat morning and earn the spot.

My son made it, two of his friends who should've made to top 20 have both been call back for the 5 spots. I really doubt either kid is going Saturday. Turned off, It's a shame because most know these two boys and they are respected by a lot of players in this highly talented 2017 group on long island.

Turned off?? It called facing adversity, a great lesson to be taught at tryouts like this, not giving up is the main one. Be a good friend and tell them to get their asses there and give it their best.

Push them to go? Why, let them make up their own minds, i think they have the right attitude and applaud them for it. Let their parents help guide them to the best option for them.

Lets start off with the two boys who "should have made the top 20"...says who? I think my son should have made the top 20, (& his friends think so too) But that doesnt make it reality. Not going to the second tryout because they are "turned off"? That would never the right attitude. Try and try again, as they say. Lets face it, tryouts are never perfect. Everyone will never agree on who should evaluate during them. Should it be top coaches within the grade level who have seen all of these kids play or strangers who can only see talent @ a tryout? Again, give credit where it is due...these 20 boys are very talented. Could a couple have been overlooked? Yes but, get your butt to the call back and show em what your made of!

well said