Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone provide any information on any. of the Long Island boys who went down to this weeks last 3d camp (new England region)?

There was tell that a few (elite team) players were going to try and increase their odds by going down this weekend.

Why not play with the mid Atlantic region they are from??

If they are better than the boys from the "New England Region" and get selected, they obviously deserved it. If they didnt go outside their region, than less talented boys from the "New England Region" would have made it. The objective of the promoters is to get the best, regardless of where they come from or which group they tryout with.

I'm not sure this is not a true statement. This is how it its been described to me. It does not matter what region you attend since all boys are evaluated individuaolly against the enitre pool of roughly 600+ that were signed up to participate in the process. Contrary to what you just wrote, in theory (not realistic though), if there was one weekend were all the boys were "weak", there would be no (zero) boys selected from that weekend. The "best of the worst" would not be selected just because they were there. Additionally, if you had a case where there was one kid who looked above average agasint a pool of weak players, that one kid might still not make it because he didn't rank as high as the boys in his position from the other 4 weekends. Conversely, if a strong player doesn't "light it up" against a very strong pool of talent on a given weekend, he might still make it through because he showed enough against great talent that particular weekend. There is no set amount of boys who are selected from each weekend - again, in theory it could be zero for a given weekend. So, it doesn't matter what region you go to because your son's individual grade is judged against the entire pool across all weekends. Bottom line - on average if they are taking 120 from the roughly 600 attendees in each grade, your chances are about 4 in 5 or 80% that you DONT make it. Not easy - congrats to those who make it through.

From what i understand roughly 20-24 kids per region will be selected to attend JR120 (now 240) and the other 120 will need to go through the process again.