Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a Turtle dad. My boys are all older. But I have been through it. Can't tell you guys anything. You will have to see for yourselves. Unless kids get hurt or stop working by 8 th grade you are what you are. Very few exceptions. As far as 8 th graders playing varsity ...you are missing the point. Success into the 8th grade predicts success later on in the vast majority. Some smaller districts are putting 8 th graders and freshman on varsity by the way.

Early recruiting is here to stay. Only going to continue to get earlier. In fact my older sons college coach said the trend will cont and NCAA is going to continue to make it easier for college coaches to contact younger players. Like it or not that is the way it is.

So what your saying is that unless your a stud in 8th grade you have no shot of being a impact player at the next level? Absurd logic you have there. Our high school Varsity coach doesnt even look at kids until there at least the JV level unless they are a true freak of nature.

If you talk to the D1 coaches they will tell you they would rather not have to talk to the younger kids but the present circumstances demand it.

My son is a very good 8th grade player and I would be happy if he has a good high school career and hopefully ends up playing college lacrosse at some level. You people who think your 8th graders are automatic D1 starters are out of your minds. So much time left and so many things that can happen. Enjoy the ride and try and stay away from putting unrealistic expectations on your child. Putting stress on a 13yr old kid so you can live vicariously through your child is borderline child neglect.

Oh and by the way, I dont know what is more disturbing the fact that if you dont have kids at this age group you would be trolling on this forum, or if you do have kids at this age group you would lie about it.

Why the personal attack dude? Quite disturbing really.