Originally Posted by libertydad
If an adult coach/director can't let a girl play for a club other then the one she is affiliated with , without fear of being benched on her high school team, than that coach isn't fit to do help mold and develop young ladies. In that case I would have to agree with the posters that say that coach should be replaced no matter how successful he/she has been in the past. If Carol Rose conducts her public school team like that than sham on her, what a bully she is.

It sounds like everyone contributing to this discussion is not involved in that northport/yj situation. My daughter is not. There are many girls who are though and I'm sure the parents are fully supportive of this combination as it has them on two strong teams. But this is about the girls and parents who would like to choose a different travel club and the position they are put in. Without moving, your stuck with the school team in whatever district you live in. The nice thing about travel is that you should be able to choose whatever team you want to play for, without this sort of concerns.