Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am the mother of a JV boy in Northport and YES Carol Rose is all that and I can say that from a parent's prospective with Carol Rose being my son's gym teacher. She is encouraging, kind and all of the other adjectives that go along with a spectacular teacher. If you have an opportunity to be with her, it will only be to your delight.

That's great for you and your son. A very simple student / teacher relationship that seems straight forward and positive, and you get to see her at her best, far, far removed from the politics of what many people on these threads are venting about. But think about her position as a director of a club and a coach of a school team. She has impacted thousands of parents and players over the years, for the better and for the worse. Many people, like yourself, sing nothing but praises of her, that's great and consider yourself lucky. Many other people can tell you horror stories of dealings with her, consider them unlucky. Like the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story, just because your sons dealings with her in a gym class is all happy puppies, butterflies and roses, this does not translate into the same experience for everybody else.

All I read here are accusations as to how horrible she is.... Not a single person has ever stated anything bad that she has done. All I ever see is how successful she is, how successful her players are and how much she has put into girls lacrosse. This coach is well respected and highly regarded across the country. Not to mention how much money she gives back and how many community sponsored fundraisers she is involved in.
Now your the one with rose colored glasses , I have posted , along with others how she has treated new players, girls that don't play for her, and other teams directors and players. that is what makes you a flunky. you refuse to admit that though she might do good by you, She treats others unfairly, and I refuse to believe that because Carol rose tells some girl that she cant play on her blue team that make that girl a dad player, or not as good as blue players,like the rest of the flunkies sayEven Carol can let a good one slip through. Or maybe some really good players don't want to play for her. She is not as good a coach as everyone says she is , If you spend enough time coaching you'll get a lot of wins. So she has spent at least 15 years at Northport and has X amount of wins . It only took her entire tenure as head lacrosse coach to win states last year. so I guess you have another 15 years or so till the next one while Farmingdale does for the next few years. As far as the Jackets go, they win because Garden City is real good, not because of Carol Rose. So I again plead to Garden City start your own club, Carol Rose is using your girls, there going to top colleges because of Garden City, not Carol Rose or the Yellow Jackets

You still have not said anything other than coach rose treats players bad and doesn't put them on her blue team. You are obviously disgruntled about something . Not everyone can be on the blue team. That is part of life - you make some teams and some you don't. Why are you trying to trash her reputation? Are you a coach with 300 wins? I doubt if. My daughter is on the blue team and not from garden city or northwest. My daughter is a great player because if coach rose. Post some facts and then maybe we will out some belief into your accusations. Until you post some facts I regard your posts as pure propaganda in trying to belittle coach rose. No one needs rose colored glasses to see through your garbage.