Originally Posted by Anonymous
You all do realize that your criticizing young girls who are merely playing because they love the game? Doesn't matter how good the school is, how bad the school is, how bad people get beat. The girls are out there everyday putting in there best effort against teams. So Sachem East lost by 9, they still put in the effort. So what Northport isn't as great this year, the girls are still out there playing their hearts out. It's actually sickening that the people on this board are talking about high school students lacrosse teams like this. Teams lose and teams win. Some teams are great some teams are okay. The girls are out there for themselves and for the love of the game. No reason to criticize them for it because they lost by a certain amount of goals to a good team or because they lost some decent players so there not as well-off.
Am I the only person here thinking this is one of the same parents that less than a week ago boasted how East and Northport are the greatest teams on L.I. Yes I agree that the girls are playing there harts out simply for the love of the game, but now you must agree that it's the parents that come on here boasting how there girl plays for this school, and will be attending this college, and plays for this club. You Must also agree that club ties, family ties , and school politics are hurting good players to advance there own agenda. All of this breeds animosity and jealousy. Now you going to say that there is nothing wrong with congratulating ones daughter and teammates , and I agree, I just think doing it on a web site seems a little braggadocios . My daughter plays and will attend a D1 college, I walked into her bedroom and congratulated her, when her friends got accepted to colleges, I congratulated them when I saw them at practice or games. Don't come here now like you above it all, your the cause of it all. Now reap what you sow

I'm the cause of it all? I want to clarify something for you since you think I'm some loud mouth parent who's stirring the pot on this website. I'm a senior high school student who went on here and read how ludicrous all of the people on this thread are acting. This thread was made so that people can be informed of the statistics of the 2012 lacrosse season. Not to bash teams, bash players, and criticize everything and anything about the game that the kids are playing. It seems like a lot of these parents, including you, are still caught up in your high school years of drama and gossip. My original post had nothing to do with congratulating people or anything, it had to do with the immaturity of the people posting on this thread. Your all bashing a bunch of 15-18 year olds when there just doing what they love, including me. Isn't it your jobs to teach us not to gossip, or bash people for what they do or where they come from? Maybe it's just me, but that's how I was raised and this thread is a poor example of how people are supposed to treat each other, especially when it's a bunch of grown-ups picking apart anything and everything about a bunch of teenagers. Oh and by the way, I go to East, and we may not be the best team in Suffolk or as great as Ward Melville or Bayshore. But we go out there with our heads up and try out best. Like any good athlete would do, just like Bayshore and all of the top ranked schools. Whether were at the top or not. So thanks for all of the criticism about us parents, it just pushes us to work harder everyday at practice.
If you are a S.E. player, and you read the posts, than you know no one has said anything about how hard you try, as a matter of fact , I am a parent of a S.E. player so I know how hard you girls try. With that said as A senior player for S.E. you above all els know how unfair and one sided that S.E. girls lax has become. I understand why you feel defensive, and admire how you have come on here to defend your team, but there are 2 things that hold true and you seem to overlook. 1 - it was one of our own that came on this site shooting off and boasting. 2- you know as well as I, the program is driven for the benefit of a few , mot everyone everyone equally.

I understand it was one of our own who came on here and began boasting about us, the post that I wrote went to everyone who has posted on this wall even if they are from Sachem as well. As for the team, yes some girls have gotten pulled up at a young age, but from playing with them they both deserved it. Yes there mother is a principal at a middle school and there father is friendly with some higher up people, but whether that helped them get on the team or not, they prove everyday during every game that they can play at this level besides there parents connections. They both have helped out our team a lot. As for the benefiting only a few people, I can't agree with that. We have a solid starting line-up and every girl who is starting and playing deserves the spot that they are in. The coaches are doing a great job with helping every player excel during practice to try and help them get the spot that they want. So no, I can't agree that our team is only being used to benefit a few people. Everyone has a fair shot at scoring and playing. The girls on the field deserve to be on the field. This is the last thing that I'm going to be posting though, because this isn't what this thread was made for.