Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to your daughter for the hard work and dedication in achieving her goal, I am sure she is a good girl and deserves all the accolades she does not receive. With that being said, weaker schools are out there, and just like it's not your fault, it's not ours either. To say that West Islip will not crush Brentwood because Bentwood is weak isn't said in a bad way towards the girls. and quite frankly, almost every town has P.A.L. teams and middle school teams. Now at the P.A.L. level you don't have much choice, but in middle school you do have a voice, if you choose not to use that voice and go to the administration and demand better coaches for your girls then you will never get better trained girls for your varsity teams. Have you gone back , after your daughter left middle school to help change the coaches or do you have the "my daughter is done, it's not my problem anymore" attitude, because if you do than its your fault the program is weak. Remember the schools work for us, we don't work for them

Since when do parents have a choice in how athletic programs are run? Coaches act as if they are the parents; and if any issues arise, they hide behind the district AD and take it out on the kid.

Honestly.....I'm a football guy and my expertise in lacrosse is limited....so I wouldn't be much help anyway. And yes; politics are the root of the problem. My daughter's program has a culture of accepting losing and EVERYONE(players, parents, and the AD of whom is a football guy as well) has accepted the fact that the team is and will remain poor. Meanwhile; the other girls and parents complain about the lack of All-League, etc and not making Schoolgirls' teams. I'm only ONE voice and the voice that no one wants to hear. I know it not your fault; but to call out schools of being weak isn't classy at all. That's my point. It's about the girls...not parental braggadocio!
There public servants. If you let them bully you than thats on you. All of them Including the A.D. and the Superintendent are paid by you and every other parent in the system. Don't let these people con you.
Now quite frankly we don't live in a traditional football hotspot. I can't understand why, on Long Island, a lacrosse hotbed for decades, any A.D. will spend more money on football than lacrosse.