Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to bring in this conversation the competence of varsity coaches. I will admit I do not like how some coaches are aggressive like Carol Ross from Northport. However my hat goes off to her. Her team respects her and watching the player they know what she wants from them on the field. Her girls play very aggressive but seem to play by the rules. I was also watching Bay Shore the other day and those girls are less aggressive but are always after the ball and dominate on ball control.

I do feel sorry for the girls on the Smithtown Team there coach seems to have no control of them and most importantly of her-self. I know this because my daughter plays on the team and the Coach seems to demands respect but doesn’t show it. She goes off on them saying things like she’s better than them and that she the one that has a NCAA Championship. At one point after losing to Walt Whitman she took away a team “T” shirt that we the parents paid for saying that they don’t deserve to wear it. I must admit they did play petty bad that day but is that a reflection on the girls or the Coach?

Does anyone else have these problems????
sound like the coach is very immature and isn't ready to coach at that level yet. what year did she win at the college level, and what team did she play for