Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
... it has gone too far when you let them identify kids - we all know who the kids are even if they are not mentioned by name.
BOTC is hosting a discussion, not creating the content to which you take offense. ...
Are you kidding BOTC? You are supposed to moderate the posts and have continuously allowed posts identifying specific kids and allowed the damaging comments to be posted.
Cloaked comments referring to players are the hardest to screen simply because you assume that our moderators have knowledge of each and every High School team down to the last player. As for damaging posts, you are completely wrong since you actually do not get to see what is removed.

But then again I am sure you think it makes for good drama and will draw people to your site, typical thought process for a media outlet I guess.
If we were only interested in selling newspapers, there are significantly more offensive backroom stories in youth sports than worrying about "player X" on "team Y" having a bad day on the field.

Dont sit back and play dumb and say its not your responsibility as moderator to filter damaging posts aimed at teenage girls. You are responsible. Lets see if this makes it to the thread.
Reread what we wrote. We are not producing the CONTENT.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We don't need to go back and forth on the moral responsibility here. As an adult I will simply choose to "change the station". I understand your position. I only hope some of the young kids are not hurt by the noxious comments they may be too immature to process. Peace.