Originally Posted by csullym
I do respect Garden City. I saw them play last year and they were unbelievably talented. What I am saying it should be acknowledged that this is a slightly down year but a very good team. I think that they have taken for granted what they have accomplished over the last few years which is significant. They scheduled a game on Fri then played SA on Sat, seems like they almost discounted SA. Yet with all these losses they will still be ranked really high. One win against a good team and they will be in the Top 5. What I am saying is that is not fair to other teams. BM lost to McDonogh and dropped significantly, they do not have the same PR leverage.

SA is a whole other level of PR. They give up 11 straight goals to BM. Now they are crowing that they beat John Carroll. They claimed in this article that if but a one goal loss to GC they would have been number one last year. They were steam rolled by McDonogh.

Both these teams GC and SA are very talented. SA has unbelievable talent. The difference between McDonogh, Bryn Mawr, and the rest of the league is that they prepare and get the most out of their players. For that they should get credit as well as other up and coming teams.
Truth is McDonogh shouldn't even be counted as a High School team, they are very unique . As I am to understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, those girls are in a school where they are recruited to play lacrosse, are boarded in the school, and pretty much play lacrosse year round for the same coach, be it during the entire school year for McDonogh, and then during the summer for the same coaches travel team. If that is true then that is an un even playing field. Further more, if it is true, than whatever team that the coach fields during the summer, can't compete with the L.I. teams at tourney when the playing field is leveled. As soon as L.I. teams also get to choose the best players from every school, we start to dominate. there is no school like McDonogh on L.I. if there were I feel they would be the dominate H.S. team