Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you really want people to feel bad for the poor Garden City girls .You mention MD can't buy a win,are you aware that Garden City has one of the higher per capita income levels in the north east. This is 2012 and although the season hasn't started you are living in the past GC will be lucky to be within 5 goals of McDonogh. While your girls play together from the time they are in elementary school our girls have only their high school years to play together. See you in MD. Watch out for the speed cameras!

Come on are you seriously saying that public schools have some sort of advantage over private schools who can recruit. I am sure many of the girls from McDonogh play together for years with M and D or some other club. Any good coach can take the talent any day! It's a joke that these private schools don't destroy the public schools (that includes St. Anthony's). They really should be in their own category. If they don't beat the public schools they should be embarrassed!
I thin the point is that McDonogh can go and recruit better players from any school any where , where as Garden City can only play players from Garden City. Therefore McDonogh would have a huge advantage over most Long Island teams . To say that Garden City cant get within 5 goals is silly , until they play they are probably the 2 best in the country, I give the edge to Garden City