Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am the mother of a JV boy in Northport and YES Carol Rose is all that and I can say that from a parent's prospective with Carol Rose being my son's gym teacher. She is encouraging, kind and all of the other adjectives that go along with a spectacular teacher. If you have an opportunity to be with her, it will only be to your delight.

That's great for you and your son. A very simple student / teacher relationship that seems straight forward and positive, and you get to see her at her best, far, far removed from the politics of what many people on these threads are venting about. But think about her position as a director of a club and a coach of a school team. She has impacted thousands of parents and players over the years, for the better and for the worse. Many people, like yourself, sing nothing but praises of her, that's great and consider yourself lucky. Many other people can tell you horror stories of dealings with her, consider them unlucky. Like the old saying goes, there are two sides to every story, just because your sons dealings with her in a gym class is all happy puppies, butterflies and roses, this does not translate into the same experience for everybody else.