Originally Posted by Anonymous
All this back and forth between YJ & TG is so STUPID. Both teams are good in their own way. Both teams offer different things, depends what you're looking for. Hopefully your daughter is the the place you feel is the best for her to grow as a lax player and young lady. Hopefully is is learning and laughing! If not, then it's time to to make some decisions at the end of the season. TG is not for everyone and neither is YJ. Kids will come and go, super talented ones down to the okay ones. In the end make sure your daughter is in the place that is best for HER.

I disagree with this as well. I have seen teams at IWCLA showcases barely play some girls because they still want to win games against rivals.

Same debate can be used for - "should my daughter play Varsity and not step on the field or JV and play the entire season?" I have seen coaches who barely even use their non-starters in practice. Each kid should feel like they are contributing.

And what happens as they get older, F&F get more interest because they are "taken care of."