Originally Posted by Anonymous

They used to say this about the boys 91 cub when it started. They had weak teams, would not be able to compete with express, etc. They got their boys program settled and soaring in about 6 years. During that time, they did lose sight of the girls program, which IMO- should not have been started until they solidified the boys program. I bet in a few years, 91 will be a strong girls club as well. It is about business, knowing lax/ having connections. Spallina knows about both. I think they will continue to bring in the bigger names for the girls, solid coaches, and in time you will see them growing. I find it interesting though, with the boys, they started focusing on the younger teams and grew the program up. With the girls, it appears they are focusing on some of the older teams first. GL to all the girls and may they land on a team where they are happy and learning. At the younger years, it should be about development and winning should not be a priority. The older years should be about exposure and recruitment. Winning is still important, but getting the kids into the right showcases and in front of the right coaches is half the battle. I think you will see continued positive growth in the girls program.

Yes, it's great to have the Spallina name, but they don't have the right Spallina involved on the girls side - the one who coached HS County champs, D2 national champs and now D1 Stony Brook. His focus is on the boys side.
[/quote]

Here is the real deal...... 91 is a boys club!