Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why did those quality girls lose to a town team?

Just because you play Travel doesn't mean you know how to play at a high level. Have you ever heard of a child not being able to find a travel team to take their money? Didn't think so

That's the justifying logic used to convince parents of forth team players that someday my kid could play on the blue team. LOL.

Wasn't someone on here months back saying how great the Elevate teams are? I guess Elevate is not yet the A program they think they are.

With so many club choices, EVERYBODY MAKES TRAVEL IF YOUR CHECK CLEARS!

Yes there is a travel team somewhere for everyone. Not everyone is going to make the cut on YJ blue, it is a very small and select group. So here is the question, is the cost, time and effort of playing travel on the third, forth etc..team, or for some weak club worth it? Reality says if your daughter is on those teams to begin with, she will likely never get to the blue team. Obviously playing for another club she certainly won't. Some people are happy and realistic with their situation, I personally know many who are not, some think their kids is going to magically transform from the slow, limited skill ceiling kid that the rest of us see, to a alpha dog blue girl. If your happy with the team your daughter is on and are realistic about where she is headed, then yes travel is well worth it.

Many of the blue players do not see the field much. Only a few carry the team, the rest are there politically and could be on any team.