Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ladies, now next year u know to skip it. I'm a girls lax coach too. and a male. listen this summer lax is so the coaches can line their pockets. it means zero. tell your girls to practice with their sticks a little everyday and they'll be fine. no need for u or them to be miserable. when the lacrosse season ends let it end. let them be kids.

But I was told my 6th grader would fall behind if she didn't play and will be recruited by 9th grade if she did.
OMG.....the person who told you that is an idiot. no one is recruiting 6th and 9th graders. trust me please......let her enjoy her life. just make sure she practices a little each day with her stick. that's important. trust me when she's playing in high school if the scouts like her they'll come calling. I promise u. this lacrosse year round is becoming ridiculous. the scouts will find her. who the [lacrosse] recruits a 7th grader when she's could either plateau or just give the game up one day. and listen most importantly....u don't want to burn her out playing her year round. by the time she gets to high school she may be tired of the daily grind with lax and no break. please, do the right thing. I'm a coach and I've seen these girls come and go. the scouts will find them when it counts. my niece accepted a full scholarship to northwestern in lacrosse two years ago and growing up she played PAL. my brother didn't do any clinics or summer lax with her. she just practiced a little each day. played basketball during basketball season and that's that. this summer lax is total nonsense. it's expensive too.

Wow, your niece must be one heck of a player - getting a full athletic scholarship and all to Northwestern. For women's lacrosse. Amazing. I guess I'll talk my younger daughter out of trying out for a club team this fall. It's too late for the older one.