Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a club cannot post anything about the players they have sent on to major college programs or talk about their alumni - that's all they have. Unfortunately that is the current landscape - there are several new clubs popping up every year and they have to go for the wins in order to have something to talk about. Either that or cease to exist after 3 or so years. As a parent it is up to you to decide what you want for your child.

I understand that. That's why you see the lesser clubs play in lesser tournaments. Putting championships on your website is important to them, even if they won some meaningless tournament against bad teams. But posting championships when what you really won was the consolation bracket for the teams that finished in the bottom half? That's very dishonest. While parents do need to decide what they want, they should be given the facts in order to make that decision.

Then those clubs would not have a prayer of getting that check from those well-informed parents. A well-informed consumer is the last thing a lot of these clubs want. Of course I'm probably preaching to the choir about that. I totally see where you are coming from.